This is a powerful process that will help you uncover the lessons from your breakup and support you in releasing your attachments to your ex. Note: this is not a letter you ever send or share with your ex, it’s just for you. Set aside some sacred time to write this letter. Light a candle before you begin and set an intention for healing, clarity, grace and whatever else you’d like to experience. Actually hand-write this letter rather than typing it because writing with your hand accesses more of your right brain where your emotions and intuition are sourced. Use these three paragraph starters for your completion letter:
- I’m saying goodbye because….(or this is over because…or I’m letting you go because…)
- I learned from you . . (or you taught me….)
- Thank you for . ..
Write as much as you can and don’t edit yourself. Really let it flow and allow whatever comes forward to come. You can continue to add to this letter as you see fit. Your completion letter will become one of your key sources from which you can extract the lessons this relationship is teaching you. If you are craving “closure,” this will get you there. You do NOT need communication with your ex to have closure. It is something you can 100% do on your own.
There you have it – five ways that will get you from breakup to breakthrough with a lot more ease and grace! Along the way remember:
- You will get through this.
- It won’t hurt this badly forever.
- You will heal and feel happy again.
- You do not have to protect your heart by closing it down or hardening it.
- Keep opening up to love – love is all around you!
- Reach out for support; you don’t have to do this on your own.
- Utilize this time to love yourself even more.
Just because your ex is not in your life does not mean there is less love in your life. The relationship may be over, but the love you shared will never die because it always belongs to you. You are so worthy of the loving relationship you desire and this is just a step along the way.
Be gentle with yourself during your breakup . . . your breakthrough is just around the corner.